||They are asexual, they are the most diverse species.
We've discovered that these plants grow incredibly fast. They also have two separate genes for pigment either making the stem purple or green.
||Does the amount of fertilizer affect plant growth, Mr.Bartenslager gave to us. Fertilizer is what give the plant nutrient, if we increase, or restrict it would it makes big effects.
||They more we increase what's in the fertilizer the fast and better the plant would grow, compared to restricting it
||Get 8, 16 ounce bottles
1) Remove the labels on each bottle
2) Draw a line 1 cm below the shoulder rim. Save both parts
3) Cut each bottle on the marked cutting rings
4) Drill holes in the bottle caps using a drill press
5) Cut one wick for each bottle 4-5" long
6) Assemble the system with the top inverted like a funnel. The bottle cap with water wick is seated in the bottle reservoir that will hold the water and nutrients.
7) Pour 48 seeds on a piece of clear tape
8) Put 6 pellets in 4 of the bottles and 24 into the other 4
9) Make a 50:50 mix of Vermiculite and commercial seedling starter planting mix
10) Use a table spoon to distribute the Vermiculite
11) Assemble the Bottle Growing system as shown , with the top inverted like a funnel. The bottle cap with the water wick is seated in the bottle reservoir that will hold water and nutrients. Identify which bottles will have high and low nutrients levels, and label top of plastic with Sharpie.
13) Fill the bottle with root media. First, add 5 heaping tablespoons (~100 cc) of Vermiculite ( preferred) or Perlite.
14) Add Osmocote pellets: 6 pellets in the low nutrient
||High School Students (Grades 9,10,11,12)
||Palm Beach Central High School