Welcome to Santaluces HS - Ms. Case Sweeney POS Fall 2021
Santaluces HS is a Title I school with a diverse population. My goal is to bring real science into the classroom in a way that is meaningful and relevant. I'm excited! as the Planting Science program fits perfectly within the scope of this cours. Students will actively learn the processes of science and develop a mindset of inquiry. Ultimately the goals is to develop our STEM capacity at Santaluces and imbue confidence to participate in Science Fairs and choose AP and AICE coursework in the STEM fields.
About Our Class
- Teacher: Carla Case-Sweeney
- School: Santaluces High School
- Grades: High School Students (Grades 9,10,11,12)
What We're Doing
- Planning to Start: 9/13/2021
- Planning to End: 11/19/2021
- Theme: The Power of Sunlight (photosynthesis and respiration)
- Expected Breaks: 9/16/21, 10/15/21, 11/11/21
- Course: Biology Honors
The Planting Science program fits perfectly within the scope and sequence of our Biology course. In addition to developing a thorough understand of photosynthesis my students will actively learn the processes of science and develop a mindset of inquiry. Ultimately my goal is to encourage students to design their own experimental hypotheses and enter science fairs, and take on advanced coursework.