Welcome to BHS Dobson Fall 2019
Bristol High School is a small rural school in Northeast Ohio. Teachers here are especially proud that our kids get along so well and are mostly kind to each other. Natural resources in our area include Mosquito Lake State Park (sounds terrible but is actually a birding hotspot), Grand River Wildlife Area and Mosquito Creek Waterfowl Management Area (home to the endangered Massasauga Rattlesnake. Kids here love being outside, and many are avid hunters and campers.
About Our Class
- Teacher: Rebecca Dobson
- School: Bristol High School
- Grades: High School Students (Grades 9,10,11,12)
What We're Doing
- Planning to Start: 2019-10-07 Hopefully!
- Planning to End: 11/26/19
- Theme: The Power of Sunlight (photosynthesis and respiration)
- Expected Breaks: 10/11, 10/18
- Course: Biology (2 classes)
Teacher Outcomes: I would like to teach photosynthesis and cell respiration on a way that students will understand their connection to themselves and to the carbon cycle.
Student Outcomes: I would like for my students to be more engaged in science and to form working relationships with scientists. Photosynthesis and cell respiration have been difficult for my students to investigate in the past.