(Turn on light bulb before beginning procedure)
1. Fill a cup with 100 mL of water. Then dissolve 1g of baking soda into the water.
2. Using a hole punch, cut out 10 leaf disks from a spinach leaf.
3. Use the Leaf Disk Flotation method to sink all 10 spinach chads in the solution.
4. Place cup with the leaf disks and solution underneath the light source and start the stopwatch.
5. If needed, you can gently stir the solution once every couple of minutes.
6. At every minute for 10 minutes, record the number of leaf chads that have risen to the surface of the solution.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 twice more using spinach leaves.
8. Repeat steps 1-7, but replace spinach leaves with kale, then arugula, and then mint leaves.